Friday, December 2, 2011

BOLD AS A LION

As I sat and relaxed this evening after a fun and eventful day (my son celebrated his 9th birthday!!), I opened the Bible to book of Proverbs.  Now, I have to be honest, I haven't opened the Bible and just read in a long time.  (I definitely need to get better)  I have a forever growing relationship with Him, and when He speaks to me, sometimes it's so bold and so clear.  Tonight, when I opened the Bible, and was led to Proverbs 28:1:

The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

It immediately gave me so many answers on so many different levels.  How many situations do we avoid because we just don't want to deal with it?  When God said we have the power to move mountains, IT WAS NOT A LIE.  Within us, we have an amazing ability to transcend every situation we have ever faced and will face in our lives.  Speak LIFE into your spirit and encourage yourself.  As it's been said before, we were fearfully and wonderfully made.  We were not created to run, we were not created to be cowards . . . we were created to rule, to govern, to reign.  It's time to take control of your thoughts, take control of your emotions, let faith, logic, and His wisdom guide you.  When you feel like running away, BE AS BOLD AS A LION. 

Now I don't live in the wild, and don't have too much experience with lions lol... but when have you ever seen a lion run away?  When have you ever seen a lion get too emtional and not be able to protect his pride?  Never . . . as a matter of fact, a lion will fight until death to protect its pride.  That is an interesting word . . . pride.  In the same way a lion protects his pride (his family), we have to protect our pride (our confidence).  As C.S. Lewis has written, too much pride is the greatest sin.  So we have to be careful with this.  We must always remember to keep ourselves humble as well.  However, I believe too little pride and little faith could also be the greatest sin.  Believe in yourself, and believen in your GOD.  I tell you this, and tell myself, BE AS BOLD AS A LION.





Dasha

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dasha,
    Nice writing, you have it in your DNA. I'm been writing too. I can print a lot of the stuff out or burn a CD if you'd like. You're too busy so I haven't been copying you on my regular "columns." As for the lion, remember that the pride is headed by a mama lion! The old guys just sulk and stay away from the pride until mama gets the meat. A lot of species would wither if the females didn't do the hunting and teaching the young. You are doing your share. Keep it up.
    Love
    Lolo

    ReplyDelete